I made it without any pre-e or HELLP or bp issues! At 39 weeks exactly my water broke...we rushed to the hospital. At first I was having contractions, but in time they started to subside. We were hoping they would increase so I could try a vbac, but due to lack of progression, I had a repeat c-section. The spinal was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and my experience was like night and day compared to my first delivery under general anesthesia. This time I got to hear my baby's first cry (it brought tears to my eyes), and to have him at my side after he was born. I fed him and he stayed in my hospital room with me. My recovery has been so much better-much less pain and I have the energy I need to take care of my son. I can't believe the difference...if this is how a "normal" pregnancy is, I can understand why people would have lots of kids. If pre-e/HELLP wasn't looming in the corner, we would probably have more. I am just grateful to now have a living son-I wasn't sure if we ever would.
I went off of the lda at 38 weeks which was perfect timing. I was able to enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends, and I didn't have a wink of issues with my bp. I feel very blessed.
I still feel so much pain about losing our first son. Our new son reminds me of him. I will always love and cherish them both-always.
Congratulations Jean! I finally got on the boards to stroll through today. I know I'm super late, but I am soooo happy for you. I'm sure you're really busy with the little one. Happy mommying.
ReplyDelete-jasmin (riehlism)
Thank you! :)
ReplyDelete